Friday, October 22, 2010

Todays Activity!!

We took some normal pinecones and let the mess begin LOL.




 We smothered them in peanutbutter. If you do this wear gloves it is MESSY!!!!
Then we covered them in birdseed added strings made of yarn and TA- DA Instant birdfeeders. Even my son who can't stand messy stuff enjoyed this as long as he could use his gloves.

Here is all three feeders hanging on one of our MANY MANY trees!

We also bought a few feeders from Walmart such as this small hummingbird feeder. The bottom is called a seed and suet feeder. You can make this but it ivolves adding some fat from meat or whatever that you cook and I can't stand the smell of left over grease so that was not gonna work for me at all. The bought feeders were not expensive for them and the food I payed like 7-8 dollars and my kids truly are looking forward to birds visiting the yard so hopefully they will. For some extra pics of todays mess go here.


1 comment:

  1. I love the looks on Fox's and Skyler's faces! just precious! great job....jealous of your trees! LOL!

    ReplyDelete