Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our Bug Center

My son is a major bug lover so we have a bug center in our entryway. It is complete with the giant punch-out bugs hanging all over the wall above. I also have some insect books off to the side.



 We have alot of play bugs that were bought from Lakeshore Learning forever ago. They are actually really cool each box has a certain type of insect toy and a matching info card. The flash cards came from Targets Dollar section. The bottom shelf houses a Magic School Bus ant hill and rotting log, the bag behind it is full of bugs to use in those play sets.
The little totes house small notebooks, clip boards with plain drawing paper and bug acessories. The bug acessories include small tupperware containers, tweezers, magnifying glasses, the famous bug vaccuum as well as various bug containers picked up from here or there over the years. I have just recently learned how to make insect displays with pins and styrofome as my children love to bring home dead bugs they find in the yard. I am looking forward to this as usually my childrens special findings lay around on the shelf, get knocked off stepped on etc. This is the most used stuff in my school room as they all love it!

1 comment:

  1. I have a bug lover in our home too. We always travel with bug containers - never know when he'll find a "treasure".
    Visiting from WP forum. Thanks for sharing your blog. Great idea to document your nature discoveries.

    ReplyDelete