Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nature Walks

 Well we have went on some nature walking in the past week. These are a few of the favorite pics I have taken. I am not sure why the spider pics look like this but me and the kids thought it was really neat how the lighting and all can make things change. Notice this big guy here is missing a leg WOW. I think the detail you see in the web is pretty neat as well. My son decided to tug at one end and sure enough that spider started to crawl towards it. So we saw first hand how they can sense their prey through vibrartion.


We think this is some type of burrow maybe for field mice?? We didn't try and find out cause I was none too keen on a possible snake popping out of that hole so we just left well enough alone on that.
We were trying to find animal tracks (you think it be easy) when Little Woodland Princess here decided she was just tired of walking and needed a rest. They had fun searching for tracks but were a bit disapointed when there was none to be found. But all in all they are all having fun with our new nature studies. We took tons of pictures and if you would like to see the ones that were not my all time favorite click here!

1 comment: