Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tree Study

This is a sycamore tree. It greets us at our gate when we come in our yard. That is so awesome I have a gate. (I lived in an apt where I was lucky to have a spot close to my house so this is really cool for me lol). We decided to visit the tree this past weekend and do some rubbings, take some pics that sort of thing. They seemed to really enjoy it. We got the notebooking pages from notebookingpages.com from the nature set years ago. Had forgotten I owned them lol.




We took the leaves and used laminate sheets to put them on the notebooking pages after we pressed them out.

Here they are drawing on their notebook pages with colored pencils.


Damian really took his time here and he is not one for the draw type activity so I was pretty proud of him! Hopefully I can work on getting them a notebook/journal type thing together in the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. We have a Sycamore tree in our yard too -- the leaves are HUGE and the bark of the branches looks like camo!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete