Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bracken Mushrooms

Skyler and Fox have it out for mushrooms. They really like them I have no idea where this comes from but they just think they are really awesome. Every chance they get to pick them and bring them home to dry out is a treat for them. Today I thought we would go find some different mushrooms than what they think of when someone says mushroom. Today we found bracken mushrooms. They usually grow on dead wood so the fallen tree trunk in my yard was a perfect spot and guess what?? Of course there they were!!





He really thought about breaking one off then he decided he didn't want to ruin it! What a nature boy he is

4 comments:

  1. It would be nice to Find some edible ones. Happy WW a day late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool mushrooms. I am excited to follow and see where your nature lovers take you. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping bu from work boxes and am a followers. My 2 loves mushrooms too. We have found some bracken mushrooms that are big and strong enough to stand on! Have a good day

    ReplyDelete