Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A cool new book I ordered

My friend found this really cool workbook type nature journal at the library and told me all about it. I did a search and read some reviews and it sounds really neat. I really wanted one for each kid but that would have been well over $30.00 so I let ebay do the search and brand new at $3.50 a piece so there you go! The review even had a testimonial from a homeschool mom so of course I was won over!! The book is by Clare Walker Leslie who also has some other nature books and journals out there. I am still reading in The Handbook Of Nature Study book by Anna Botsford Comstock which is truly a wonderful book! I am still trying to decide if I want to join the Outdoor Hour Challenge or kind of go my own way. If you have not checked out her blog you really should as it is truly wonderful. So much time and effort and she is really great. I just recently realized her daughter is the blog owner of Hearts and Trees and that is great as well. She makes really cool seasonal kits that have crafts, lapbooks, notebooking pages etc. I may have to look into buying those as Winter approaches because Fall will be soon ending.

2 comments:

  1. That does look like a great book! Claire Walker Leslie is an inspiration!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to look into that book!! It looks wonderful! let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete