Friday, October 21, 2011

Skeletons from an owl pellet!

This fit so well with our science this week on bones. It was a way to throw in some nature study in a sense. They were pretty thrilled with it! These came from Amazon there are three different ones. damian did the starling bird, Fox the mole and Skyler the vole. She loves anything mouse like! I am sure they would be way grosser to do the ones you find outside. My kids did search our barn though of course!!
 I will say there was no way my kids or me for that matter had the patience to put te skeletons together though. I am kinda glad I couldn't imagine that! They did have fun with them and liked picking out different bones comparing them to our skeletons.









After they were done I put the bones in muffin cups and bagged them to hang in our nature area!! The kids thought it cool to have skeletons hanging on their wall.

1 comment:

  1. I did this in my classroom years ago - so cool! I'm sure your kids LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete